We all know that eating the right foods (and the right amount) helps us maintain a healthy weight, maintains our hearts healthy, and can even help us keep up our immunity and fight off illness. But did you know that certain meals can help you maintain or perhaps improve your brain health?
Some foods contain qualities that keep your brain healthy, resulting in improved memory and cognition. As a provider of home care in Fort Myers, Florida, we understand that each person has different dietary needs. What meals are beneficial to the brain and why?
- Oily or fatty fish provide omega-3 fatty acids, which increase mood, sharpen memory, and even protect the entire brain from cognitive loss, and can improve the actual structure of neurons in the brain.
- Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants that are healthy for your brain and may even boost neuron and blood vessel growth in the brain around the area that handles memory and learning.
- Berries have the same flavonoids as dark chocolate, but the flavonoids in berries have qualities that lower inflammation and oxidative stress in the brain.
- Oranges – The vitamin C in oranges can assist in preventing mental deterioration as well as keep your body healthy in general. One orange contains the needed daily amount of Vitamin C and can aid in the battle against free radicals, which can harm brain cells.
- Eggs – Eggs have a lot of benefits, especially when it comes to focusing on brain health. They contain B6, B12, folate, and choline, which all aid to regulate mood, memory, and mental function.
Of course, none of these foods can boost your memory overnight, but eating them daily is beneficial to your overall health, and the nutrients in them help the brain perform better. Furthermore, the majority of them make excellent snacks! Ask your providers of personal care in Florida to assist you with meal planning and preparation.
When you work with Ageless Private Duty Home Care, LLC, you can be sure that you will be eating healthy and delicious meals that are tailored to your specific needs with the help of our caregivers. Call our lines right now!